Vacancy movement-building officer one.brussels-Vooruit
Who are we?
We are not simply a political project, but also a movement. Simple, fair and efficient government for Brussels is the core business of one.brussels-Vooruit. We are building a city for everyone, with a State Secretary, three Brussels MPs, a Flemish MP, our local representatives and many volunteers and sympathisers.
Your ultimate goal: to make people enthusiastic about one.brussels-Vooruit and to make the movement grow. You have to maintain and strengthen the existing network of members and sympathisers, while also attracting new committed Brussels citizens to our progressive urban project.
- You organise and maintain the network organisation of the movement, consisting of sections, elected officials and representatives and the members of our movement
- You are the point of contact for the sections and local centres
- You spearhead and coordinate the various meetings and events organised by the movement and develop inspiring political actions together with individual MPs and local elected representatives
- You are the reference point for the movement when it comes to participatory working methods
- You think about the communicative impact of the movement's activities and help implement the communication strategy of one.brussels-Vooruit
- You support the local sections and their representatives in their operations and offer help and advice in the practical organisation of local events and campaigns
- You are co-responsible for providing online content for the movement
- You work together with various actors within the broad movement one.brussels-Vooruit, including the cabinets and the communication service, in order to bring the work within the governments and local councils to life within the movement.
- You like to learn
- You live in Brussels or have an affinity with Brussels
- You are looking for a job in which you can show your commitment to the city
- You are flexible, willing to work evenings and weekends on rare occasions
- You can work independently and are able to carry out projects from start to finish
- You have experience in organising events.
- You are a networker and have proven in the past that you can bring people together
- An experience in maintaining a voluntary organisation is a plus
- You have a vision of how to build a political movement for the city
- You write fluently in Dutch and have a good knowledge of French
- You have political insight and interest in Brussels politics
- You are enterprising and come up with your own ideas that you want to try out
- You are available full time and can start as per 1st July 2022.
- You will join a motivated team, with a heart for Brussels
- We are well-equipped: We will gladly teach you the tricks of the trade in movement-building and event organisation and you will receive the necessary coaching
- You get to know the political world from the inside and are encouraged to think strategically within metropolitan politics
- We offer a full-time position according to the salary scales of the Brussels Parliament
- There are additional benefits such as a one-year STIB pass and hospitalisation insurance
- Place of employment: the heart of Brussels.
How to apply?
Send your CV and motivation letter (max. 1 A4) to Kate Degeyter: firstname.lastname@example.org. email@example.com.
Deadline: June 7 2022, 9PM.